Wednesday 22 June 2016

Kenya is not autocratic!

For you to be a celeb, do something weird and make sure the media is invited!


I have witnessed what we as a nation can do during adversity and as recently depicted by our politicians while serving as guest of the state. Then all the TV stations were talking about the Fish/Osuga that reunited them all! They are now celebs called "The Pangani Six"!

Now I turn the television to CNN and get trump with his usual bantering and abusing of everybody he does not like, a more forceful character reminding me of our own Moses Kuria.
Meanwhile Hillary of the Clinton's is making history and charming the big and mighty of the Land of opportunities! I think the gods and history are on her side, America is ready for a woman president.....but anything is no surprise in the kand of Obama!
I reflect back at the post election violence, the ICC cases, the massive corruption and all the government excesses, tribalism, nepotism,not to mention IEBC crinkum-crankum,then look at this politicians continuously politicking and as law abiding tax paying citizen start to wonder.Did we all migrate to some parallel dimension or have we won a lottery thus in cloud nine?
I find it weird that Kenyans are very forgetful almost like Lot's wife in the bible and are living in Sodom and Gomorrah nicknamed the garden of aden or better still Paradiso!!
Then it probes my mind into looking at the word democracy-*a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives*, its fascinating and does not reflect  our African nature.
As I continue my scan through news channels I and I, whatever that means, land on BBC and the British are doing their thing; call it Brexit or Bremin, sometimes its shocking the level of freedom these people have to chat their destiny, but deep down, yours truly know they have had their own struggles.
Then it pushes my mind into looking at the word autocracy-*a system of government by one person with absolute power*, and kaboom! I finally found home! We Africans cherish this system of government, so I ask my self why can't we have the same in Kenya? But then again am reminded of our progress and hope of reaching the middle class economy and I chillax!
I see what the Arabian gulf and Asian tigers are doing and am left with egg on my face. To imagine that 40 years ago these countries' GDP could not come close to Kenya's, is traumatizing to say the least. The transformation that they have had can best be described as a miracle. Or could we be dreaming? If so please wake me up, I want to taste if not see the reality.
A friend of mine in the middle of a story as we discussed politics which we tend to do very often indicated that we could be practicing as Kenya a system of plutocracy*government by the wealthy* and to some extent it looks more like it.
Imagine a Kenya where we do elections once in ten years, I long for such a Kenya. I see the way people get exhausted every five years after an election with the pettiness , tribalism , nepotism, corruption, electoral incompetence and malpractice. I honestly think as a nation we have way more important things than to politic every given chance. Its like everyday is a political rally day!
Judiciary in turmoil, everyone suing everyone, affidavits pon affidavits changing hands in the corridors of the judiciary! It will soon be difficult to present your case in court, but that's what make us unique, we are Kenyan like that. The land of Victor Wanyama and rugby sevens! We are the people who lent our son to the Americas! Human trafficking is real!

We demand respect from our leaders, we elected them to preserve and protect our sanctity, not demonstrate our barbarism in public.
A ten year one term presidential system of government will enable the holder of the office have humble time to implement his/her manifesto without constant guilt of time constraints and free of political interference or sideshows.
#Myfrustratedthoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment