Monday 18 March 2019

WHEN LUXURIES BECOME NECESSITIES


We’re all susceptible to inflating our expenses, and it’s especially hard to ignore once we get used to a lot of these “finer things” in life. Even if they don’t seem like “luxuries” anymore!
You wanna see what they are?
Of course, you do:
  1. Smartphones. The biggest culprit of all! A decade ago I was just fine calling and texting around with my friends, and now if I go an hour without swiping on it then I have a minor heart murmur! I may just need to check into a psychiatric den.
  2. Laptops. A bit more productive than the above, but I’m still very much attached to it more so than I’d like (if only you didn’t need a computer for blogging!).
  3. Internet. The bad boy that connects our entire lives!! You literally disconnect from this one thing and your entire world is blocked out – and wallet expands overnight. Screw Netflix and YouTube! Lol!
  4. Coffee shops. Remember the time before Javas or Starbucks, etc? ME NEITHER! Because that was NO LIFE without coffee on every corner!! It’s a freaking addiction…. And please don’t mention beer here!
  5. Cars. Believe it or not, there was also a time where people walked distances currently unimaginable. Right now you just “Taxify” or “Uber” yourself to point B with the tap of a button. Cab hailing Apps are on each of sin 1 and 3 above!
Best to just never try anything fun so you never have to worry about getting hooked, haha… At least that’s my reasoning for staying away from hard drugs and weed my entire life.
I take one swig of booze and puff of ganja and get hooked on both on the spot! Ain’t no way I’m trying anything else and forever knowing the difference? Damn!
PSST:
Not everything we spend our money on is bad, of course, but if you don’t know why you’re still spending the way you are, it might make for a good opportunity to reassess and get back to the basics again. And good luck with that!
So, lets have some fun on this;

What are some of the luxuries you’re now accustomed to that you weren’t even aware of?

No comments:

Post a Comment